There’s a nifty feature in Excel that allows you to keep an eye on the value of certain cells. This is really handy in large worksheets. Let’s say that you have a large worksheet, and you want to track the results at two or three cells all over the worksheet. Follow these steps:
- Select the cell (or cells) you want to watch.
- Display the Formulas tab of the ribbon.
- Click Watch Window in the Formula Auditing group. Excel displays the Watch Window.
- Within the Watch Window click Add Watch. Excel displays the Add Watch dialog box, with the addresses of the selected cells already filled in.
- Click Add. The cells are added to the list of cells in the Watch Window.
You can add additional cells by selecting those cells and then clicking the Add Watch button in the Watch Window.
If you close the Watch Window, you can later display it again by clicking Watch Window on the Formulas tab of the ribbon. You can also delete cells from the Watch Window by selecting the entry and clicking Delete Watch.