Dan asked if it is possible to see two Excel worksheets on the screen at the same time. Yes, you can do this, using the same general technique that you use to view multiple worksheets from different workbooks. Follow these steps:
- Make sure you have only a single workbook open.
- Display the View tab of the ribbon.
- Click the New Window tool in the Window group. Excel opens a second instance of the same workbook.
- With the View tab of the ribbon still visible, click the Arrange All tool in the Window group. (See Figure 1.)
- Choose the method Excel should use to arrange your windows.
- Click on OK. Excel arranges the windows as you directed.
Figure 1. The Arrange Windows dialog box.
In each of the windows you can display different worksheets, even though they are part of the same workbook. When you are done, simply close one of the windows.
It is interesting to note that if you have a need to do so, you can view more than two worksheets from the same workbook. All you need to do is perform step 2 as many times as necessary to open the desired number of windows.