You can change the settings Excel uses when printing through your printer in the following manner:
- Press Ctrl+P. If you are using Excel 2007, you’ll see the Print dialog box. (See Figure 1.) If you are using Excel 2010, you will see the File tab of the ribbon with the print options displayed.
- Make sure the printer listed at the top of the dialog box (Excel 2007) or tab (Excel 2010) matches the printer you want to use for your printing. If you want to change the printer, use the drop-down list to select a different printer.
- Click the Properties button (Excel 2007) or the Printer Properties link (Excel 2010). Excel displays the Properties dialog box for the printer you chose in step 2. (See Figure 2.)
- Using the tabs and other controls in the dialog box, specify the printer settings you want to use.
- Click on OK to close the Properties dialog box.
- Print your worksheet as you normally would.
Figure 1. The Print dialog box.
Figure 2. The Properties dialog box for a printer.