Most people using Excel leave the gridlines visible so that they can easily see where the various cells are. By default the gridlines are a light gray. You can easily change the gridlines to a different color by following these steps:
- Display the Excel Options dialog box. (In Excel 2007 click the Office button and then click Excel Options. In Excel 2010 and Excel 2013 display the File tab of the ribbon and then click Options.)
- Click Advanced at the left side of the dialog box.
- Scroll through the options until you see the Display Options for this Worksheet section. (See Figure 1.)
- Ensure the Show Gridlines check box is selected.
- Using the Gridline Color drop-down list, choose the color you want to use.
- Click OK.
Figure 1. The Advanced options of the Excel Options dialog box.