The gridlines help you track information on the screen easier and to locate cells quickly. Normally the gridlines are shown in black, but you may want to make them some other stylish color. If you want to change the gridline color, follow these steps:
- Display the Excel Options dialog box. (In Excel 2007 click the Office button and then click Excel Options. In Excel 2010 and Excel 2013 display the File tab of the ribbon and then click Options.)
- At the left of the dialog box click Advanced.
- Scroll through the options until you see the Show Gridlines check box; select it. (It is in the Display Options for this Worksheet section.) (See Figure 1.)
- Click the Gridline Color control and choose a color you want to use for the gridlines.
- Make sure the Show Gridlines check box is selected.
- Click on OK.
Figure 1. The advanced options of the Excel Options dialog box.
You can specify different gridline colors for each worksheet in a workbook.