ScreenTips are a Web feature supported by the latest versions of Web browsers. They appear when your mouse pointer hovers over a hyperlink, and they are used in the same way that ToolTips are used in Excel. You can add a ScreenTip as you add a hyperlink by following these steps:
- Press Ctrl+K. Excel displays the Insert Hyperlink dialog box. (If you don’t want to use the shortcut key for some reason, you can display the Insert tab of the ribbon and click the Hyperlink tool in the Links group.)
- Click on the ScreenTip button. Excel displays the Set Hyperlink ScreenTip dialog box. (See Figure 1.)
- In the ScreenTip Text box, enter the text you want to use for your ScreenTip.
- Click on OK to close the dialog box.
- Set any other hyperlink values, as desired.
- When completed, click on OK.
Figure 1. The Set Hyperlink ScreenTip dialog box.